Home » News » Week 14 (04/29)

Week 14 (04/29)

As I mentioned in previous posts, I very much enjoyed Dante’s TheĀ Inferno along side analyzing it with modern recreations or work that was inspired by it.

In Canto 15, Dante meets Brunetto Latini and Ser Brunetto, individuals whom of which were sources of inspiration for Dante. What is interesting is how Dante chooses to put these people, these men that he respects and holds at a high regard, in his hell.

Naturally, you would think that a man in exile would have his muses be a sort of savior within his novel, but this is not the case. Dante shows the world that bad people are bad, no matter how you feel about them or hoe much you feel for them.

In the game, Latini is an enemy. Convicted of sodomy (something not necessarily confirmed but theorized), Latini is an enemy. In the game, you also have the option to punish or save an individual after defeating them, which is where they put the most of the text into play. They tell you the story of the character and I now imagine what the real Dante would have done, which was most likely condemn them all.